Saturday 12 December 2009

DIGITAL MEMORIES


I meant to make this post this time last week, but the inescapable end of term frivolities ensured that my daytimes have been spent looking and feeling like a vandalised scarecrow. Now back and home and with a dangerous amount of time on my hands, so time for an update. Last weekend I went up to Newcastle to see the legendary gleaming German that is Sven Vath in action. Now I don't pretend to know a particularly large amount about techno, but after one of the best nights I've had in a while I will certainly be learning. These two tracks were the two I remember most clearly from the night, and thankfully were also caught on video by a friend so I could get their names. The first contains some excitable trumpet work, and kept the crowd bouncing around with its powerfully buoyant bassline. The second is a fair bit darker, the first half of the song you just feel that something big is coming. Then in the second half it does. Again and again and again. It hits you with a series of big build ups and drops. I haven't seen a dancefloor get quite so blown apart in a while.

Die Vogel - Blaue Moschee
Dustin Zahn - Stranger to Stability (Len Faki Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment