Monday 9 November 2009

MT EDEN

Apologies for the recent lack of posts, I was ill for most of last week (naturally claimed swine flu for attention seeking purposes) and was far too busy feeling sorry for myself. After a pretty successful comeback weekend I find myself utterly knackered again at the start of this week, and these tracks reflect that. I was pretty slow on the uptake with Kiwi producer Mt Eden, only discovering him through his track Sierra Leone (get it below) through a friend a few weeks back. Further investigation has shown him to be making some of the most relaxing and mellow dubstep around. I'm not one to jump on the genre-naming bandwagon and call it liquid-step but its undeniably ambient, and a far cry from the frenzied stuff currently saturating the scene. You'll be equally content lying in bed to it as you would be listening to it on a night out. These are my three favourites:

Mt Eden - Sierra Leone
Mt Eden - Beautiful Lies
Mt Eden - I'll Be There For You

No comments:

Post a Comment